It seems all to often that the average homeowner is plagued by a tight budget which stops them from having the home they truly dream of. Are you concerned of falling into this same category?
Let’s consider your options.
Sometimes our ambitions get a little larger than our incomes, but don’t see this as a bad thing. Act on it! Here is a short and sweet list of tips and things to remember while redesigning your home on a budget.
1. Save money by doing some of the work yourself. Simpler jobs that don’t require a license can be done by the homeowner instead of hiring a contractor. Things like wood flooring and painting can be done without the help of a professional, which translates to savings for you. One job that I would recommend leaving to the professionals, however is wallpaper removal. That’s a potentially nasty job!
2. Consider a fresh coat of paint. We recommend neutral colors that will always be at home, no matter the color of the furnishings that you decide on. If you don’t know already, a fresh new paint job in your home can make a huge change in the way things look. So go out and see what deals you can get, you’ll be glad you did.
3. Always check your local outlet stores. You can find amazing deals on very high quality items, some of which have very tiny imperfections. You’re almost guaranteed a fantastic piece of home decor at a price that will make you smile.
4. Buying online is always a great way to save gobs of green. Sites such as Ebay and Overstock make it easy to rake in the savings from the get go. Seriously, even if you want a new love seat or ottoman, you can get it on Google Shopping with a decent shipping rate! Just give it a try, free Google searches for everyone!
5. Consider building or buying a new headboard. You can find them at most outlet stores as well as online if you decide that you don’t want to build one yourself. Small touches like this not only add to a room’s elegance, but make it look more expensive as well. As an added bonus you won’t have to worry about bumping your head on the wall!